Department of Anglophone Studies
- Mgr. Irena Dominiková
- Head of Department
- doc. PhDr. Jan Volín, Ph.D.
- Deputy Head of Department
- prof. PhDr. Bořivoj Hnízdo, Ph.D.
- Wesley Ross Johnson, B.A., DELTA
- Mgr. Klára Kolinská, M.A., Ph.D.
- Mgr. Lenka Kristenová
- Mgr. Jana Kyselová
- Mgr. Lenka Pánková, M.A., Ph.D.
- Gerald Power, BA, Ph.D.
- prof. PhDr. Martin Procházka, CSc.
- Mgr. Leona Rohrauer, Ph.D.
- prof. PhDr. Ivan Šedivý, CSc.
- Mgr. Jakub Ženíšek, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Bc. Danica Babicová
- PhDr. Zdeněk Beran, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Věra Kotábová
- doc. PhDr. Markéta Malá, Ph.D.
- doc. PhDr. Renata Pípalová, CSc.
- PhDr. Tereza Smejkalová, Ph.D.
- Markéta Šebelová M.A.
The Department of Anglophone Studies at Metropolitan University Prague provides a high-quality and wide-ranging university education, focusing on the history, culture, society and politics of the anglophone world, as well as advanced, practical training in the English language. Within the Czech tertiary education sector, our department is unique in terms of its specialised scope and content.
Boasting a diverse teaching staff and faculty with extensive experience with cultures and academic systems reaching far beyond the Czech Republic, the Department of Anglophone Studies is committed to providing its students with an educational experience that equips them with the knowledge, analytical skills, academic ethics, and multicultural perspectives necessary to become competent and confident scholars and to prepare them for employment in a globalised world. Our wide-ranging programmes reflect the department’s mission to provide a wellrounded education, and the diverse research and teaching interests of our teaching faculty. Our fields of interest include a breadth of British and American history and literature, as well as contemporary social and political issues. We also offer courses on related subjects, from psychology to law and philosophy.