Department of Security Studies
- doc. PhDr. RNDr. Nikola Hynek,
M.A., PgDip Res, Ph.D. - Head of Department
- Mgr. Filip Rubáček, Ph.D.
- Deputy Head of Department
- doc. Ing. Tomáš Frýza, Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Jan Hajný, Ph.D.
- prof. Dr. Ing. Zbyněk Raida
- PhDr. Vít Střítecký, Ph.D., M.Phil.
- doc. Ing. Jiří Šebesta, Ph.D.
- Ing. Martina Varkočková, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Petr Špelda, Ph.D.
The Department of Security Studies aims to acquaint students with the most current knowledge in the area of new threats including cyber security. The academic focus of the department corresponds to the philosophy of the curriculum that combines the technological point of view and the perspective of social sciences in unique ways by examining threats that are connected to use of modern technologies. Members of the faculty include the team of Professor Zbyněk Raida from Brno University of Technology that leads the technological part of instruction and research.
The research of the department is carried out particularly by the Center for Security Studies (C4SS), and it focuses on the issue of cyber security, security and technology, biological security, securitisation, etc.