Semester-long Course of Czech for Foreigners
In addition to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degree study programmes, Metropolitan University Prague offers an intensive semester-long course of Czech for Foreigners within its Lifelong Learning Programme. The course guarantees high-quality instruction and is designed for applicants who would like learn Czech in order to attend university study programmes in the Czech Republic that are taught in Czech.
The classes are based on communicative approach and the instructors are recruited from the ranks of university professors and professional language instructors. The structure of the course is designed to ensure rapid improvement of its participants.
- at least 70% attendance in classes
Successful Completion of the Course
- minimum result of 60% in the final examination - the participant can understand written and spoken Czech, speak and write on the B1/B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Contents of the Course
- grammar, conversation, vocabulary, basic facts and figures of the Czech Republic (culture, history, and current issues)
Important: Participants of the Lifelong Learning Programme are not, pursuant to Section 60, Article 3 of Act no. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on Modification and Amendment of Other Acts, as amended (Higher Education Act), students within the intention of the Higher Education Act. Therefore, if applying for a long-term Visa to the Czech Republic, the purpose of stay should be "other" and its specification, for instance, „education – preparation for further studies in the Czech Republic“.
Academic Year Schedule 2023/2024
- academic year: 1. 10. 2023 - 30. 9. 2024
- beginning of instruction: 26. 2. 2024
- 15 weeks
Organisation of Instruction
- every working day 4 x 40 mins (detailed timetable will be specified upon registration to the course)
- individual approach
Place of Instruction
Online Entrance Interview
- A2 level required
Certificate of Completion
- MUP Certificate attesting to the acquired language level – the Certificate is recognised as equivalent to the entrance examination in the Czech language at MUP and it raises chances when applying for admission to other higher education institutions or when seeking employment; or
- confirmation of attendance in case of failure to complete the final examination
- duly completed application form to study within the framework of Lifelong Learning Programme including the motivation questionnaire in one of the following languages: Czech, English, French, German, Russian, or Spanish.
- payment of the administrative fee for operations relating to the admission procedure
- basic knowledge of Czech – the course is designed for pre-intermediate and intermediate applicants
ONLINE VERIFICATION OF THE language proficiency
After registering the application, the applicant will be contacted regarding the organization of the online interview.
Completed secondary or tertiary education - legally attested (certified/notarised) copy of high-school/university diploma or its equivalent in case of education completed abroad - is required for enrolment in the course.