Up-to-date information on measures at MUP
Contact Details of the Student Services Office:
+420 725 578 967 - International Student Services
+420 602 655 323 - Pilsen
+420 725 036 013 - Liberec
+420 724 700 852 - Hradec Králové
Contact the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library:
+420 724 831 985
Practical Information for Students at a Time of Emergency Measures
ENTERING THE MUP BUILDINGS
A student may enter the MUP building only upon meeting the following conditions:
- if the student is free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
- at a given time, no quarantine measure is imposed on the student.
We would like to inform students about the effective Extraordinary Measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic which regulates the obligation to cover nose and mouth.
- On the grounds of the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 997, the in-class instruction is for the time being suspended until 25 October 2020. If this measure is extended, the instruction will start from 26 October 2020 online. If in-class instruction is allowed, the instruction shall start in the hybrid from.
- Prior the beginning of the instruction, all students will receive guidelines for online instruction to their student emails. The manuals are also available in the SIS.
- General rules of the hybrid and online instruction are contained in theRector’s Directive No. 33/2020 on Organisation and Rules for Hybrid and Online Instruction at Metropolitan University Prague.
- Any comments regarding the hybrid and online instruction may be sent to a special email address email@example.com
- MUP has been carefully following the development of the issued state measures and recommendations from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and the National Accreditation Bureau on the grounds of which we have been preparing both the complete online instruction and the hybrid form of instruction which means the standard in-class instruction along with online streams of classes to the Internet so that those you for any reason cannot participate in the instruction will be able to access it online. All students will also have an access to the recordings of the lectures. In the event that the authorities allow the standard instruction without restrictions, we will operationally switch to the hybrid form of instruction. If the hybrid form of instruction is implemented, in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, we plan in case of lectures for the largest groups and in case of courses that are offered for the whole university or shared by more study programmes, to offer online instruction to prevent gathering of a large number of students of different groups.
- Given the fact that the the measures of state authorities have been constantly changing, which makes any planning almost impossible, we have been preparing for all teaching options from in-class instruction, to hybrid instruction to online instruction; the specific form will be decided depending on current development..
REGISTRATION TO STUDY
Registration to study for the students of the first year shall be from 12 October 2020 conducted online.
RETAKE EXAMINATIONS FOR THE PREVIOUS ACADEMIC YEAR
- The retake examination period was extended until 16 October 2020: In the period from 1 September to 16 October 2020, each student has two retake examination attempts in each incomplete assessment of the winter and summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year; the fee for the retake examination are waived. This rule shall also apply by analogy to the retake examinations held in the regular examination period of the summer semester in accordance with the Art. 9, Item 8 of MUP Study and Examination Code. Students do not have to submit an application for retake examination, MUP will submit the application on behalf of the students and automatically approve it. Students only have to register for the scheduled examination dates in the SIS. From 12 October 2020, the retake examinations are held only online.
- The Rector's Decision No. 33/2020 allows a student to transfer more incomplete courses to the next academic year. A student who, even within the retake examination terms until 16 October 2020 fails to complete the courses of the 2019/2020 academic year, may exceptionally transfer up to six incomplete courses to the next year of study (so far it was allowed to transfer up to two). For the transfer of courses, the student shall pay a fee in accordance with the MUP List of Fees; the option to transfer the courses can “save” the student from a repetition of a year a study (a thus a year of time and requirement to pay the entire sum of the tuition fees). The student shall submit the application for the transfer of the courses to the next year of study to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs no later than by 23 October 2020. The student is obliged to complete the assessments in these courses during the examination period at the latest by the end of the 2020/2021 academic year. It is not possible to transfer courses to the next year of study repeatedly.
FINAL DISSERTATION AND FSE
The retake FSE shall be held from 5 to 16 October 2020. The FSE are held only online from 12 October 2020. The students shall submit only the electronic version of the Final Dissertation.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
- The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech are cancelled. Applicants are accepted in the order in which they submitted the application to study until the capacity of the individual study programmes is full.
- The entrance examinations for all study programmes conducted English are held electronically. Interviews and oral parts of examinations are cancelled. The entrance examinations are held continuously by way of an electronic form in the period from 20 April 2020 to 26 October 2020.
TUITION FEES AND FEES
- The due date of the tuition fees for the next academic year for current students has been extended from 30 June 2020 to 19 October 2020.
- The fees for the retake examinations in September and October 2020 are waived. In addition, each student has two instead of one retake examination attempts in each incomplete course of the winter and summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
- The tuition fees for the 2020/2021 academic year may be paid with deferral. This applies both to the current students and to the newly concluded Study Contracts (e.g. for students of the 1st year of a Master’s Degree study programme who will continue after completing their Bachelor’s Degree study programme).
Conditions for the deferred due date:
a) The first instalment of the tuition fees to be paid by 19 October 2020 or on the day of conclusion of a Study Contract is newly reduced to 25% of the tuition fees.
b) During the academic year, i.e. until 30 September 2021, the student shall pay another 50% of the tuition fees, in one payment or in instalments, based on his or her choice.
c) The remaining 25% of the tuition shall be paid by 31 March 2022.
d) Students may apply for the deferred due date by way of sending an email from their student email to the Student Services Office.
e) However, the whole amount of the tuition fees must be paid before the date of the FSE term for which the student wishes to register.
The option to pay the whole tuition fees in a lump-sum payment in the amount of CZK 57,000 for the full-time form of study and CZK 52,000 for the part-time form of study per year continues to apply.
In the case of payment in instalments, an increased amount of the tuition fees in the amount of CZK 60,000 for the full-time form and CZK 54,000 for the part-time form shall be applied. In this case, the student may in a standard way pay the tuition fees in two instalments (by 19 October 2020 and by 10 January 2021) or apply for a deferral according to the above-mentioned plan.
At the request, we also allow other instalment plans and due dates.
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE AND COMMUNICATION WITH MUP
- Students are advised to limit their visits to MUP buildings and manage all communications preferably by email or phone, the necessary documents can be sent by post.
- Please contact the International Student Services mainly by email or phone.
- The landline +420 274 815 044 is in operation, as well as the number +420 725 578 967. Landlines of university centres are in operation.
- Request the Confirmation of Study via your student emails. The Confirmation of Study will be issued and sent to you electronically.
- Submit all applications electronically, via SIS or, if it is not possible to submit it via SIS, send it via your student email. An application sent from a student email is equivalent to an original of any paper-based application or submission.
We are ready to deal individually with your other study-related needs as far as possible given the current situation. Please feel free to contact the International Student Services.
The Jiří Hájek Specialised Library
Following the Resolution No. 1079 of the Government of the Czech Republic, as of 22 October 2020, the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library is closed for in-person visits. For consultations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +420 724 831 985. Loan periods are automatically extended and late fees will not be charged during the closure.
For the option of using the electronic resources, please check the website of the library or contact the staff using the above-mentioned contact details.
The list of the temporarily available electronic resources (free of charge or at preferential terms) is published on the website of the library.
The International Office is available at the landline; you can also contact that at the following phone numbers.
- In the period from 7 July 2020 until the end of the winter semester of the 2020/2021 academic year, the following is cancelled:
a) exchange study stays outside the Erasmus+ programme for both outgoing and incoming students,
b) exchange study stays within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme for incoming students,
c) exchange stays and mobilities of members of MUP faculty and administrative staff for all incoming persons, including all visiting lecturers and any other working visits.
- Departure of MUP students to partner institutions within the framework of exchange study stays and traineeships under the Erasmus+ programme is permitted, however, only if the following conditions are met:
a) the student must be unconditionally accepted by the partner institution,
b) students can depart only to the country which is in the “government traffic light system” marked as green. Departure to the countries marked in orange colour is strongly discouraged but not prohibited. Departure to countries marked in red is not possible. Students are obliged to monitor regular changes in the categorization of countries in the government traffic light system and they are obliged to accept the uncertainty associated with the fact that the categorisation of countries can quickly change both ways over time. In order to undertake student’s study stay or traineeship within the Erasmus+ programme, it is necessary that the country is not marked in red neither on the day of signature of the contract, nor on the day before the departure nor on the day of the departure to the given country. The risk associated with the change of the category of the given country is borne by the student,
c) students may depart only to the country of which the national rules allow to accept the student,
d) the student acknowledges that the risk associated with the change (a sudden as well) of the government rules in the Czech Republic and also in the country of stay may be significant and the student undertakes it voluntarily. All costs incurred by a change of any rules by the public authorities of the Czech Republic and of the country of stay or by the Erasmus+ grant provider (DZS), including health risks, shall be borne by the student. MUP will try to develop an activity to minimise the negative consequences for the students and minimise any incidental costs or risk of not providing, reducing or revoking of the grant - in this matter, the student shall provide MUP with the necessary cooperation. However, if these costs cannot be averted, they shall be borne by the student,
e) the student acknowledges that the changes in the situation may cause a cancellation of his travel, non-provision of the grant, reduction or revocation thereof.
f) upon signature of the contract on carrying out of the particular study stay or traineeships within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, the student shall sign a declaration by which the students undertake to respect the provisions stated in this paragraph, otherwise MUP may refuse a conclusion of such a contract.
Due to the current situation and impossibility of responsible long-term planning of mass activities, we have decided that the Graduation Ceremonies in September and October 2020 will not be held. The Graduation Ceremonies of Metropolitan University Prague are a traditional ceremony and since they are held in the form a celebration of the completion of study and dignified public mass ceremony, they are not compatible with the existing restrictions. Also taking into account the fact that their planning and preparation are long-term, we have already now decided to exceptionally cancel them this year. Students may collect diplomas individually at the Student Services office. At the same time, we offer to all students that they can attend the Graduation Ceremony as soon as it will be possible next year, even if they decide to collect their Diploma individually this year.
Information for INTERNATIONAL students
We would like to inform all students from third countries (i.e. countries outside of the European Union) that the Czech Ministry of Health issued a very restrictive exceptional measure effective from 5 October 2020, which establishes drastic conditions for entering the Czech Republic, see here.
In case these conditions do not change before the instruction of this winter semester starts, we would like to assure those of you who will not be able to come back to the Czech Republic for instruction, which starts on 26 October 2020, that we will provide fully adequate education in the online form until you are be able to arrive and participate in the standard in-class instruction.
The up-to-date information from the Ministry of the Interior is available here.
The contact details of the offices of the Ministry of the Interior.
For information regarding the state of emergency, please contact email@example.com.
The most up-to-date information about the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.