The most up-to-date information about the MUP measures regarding the risk of the spread of the coronavirus
Contact Details of the Student Services Office:
+420 725 578 967 - International Student Services
+420 602 655 323 - Pilsen
+420 725 036 013 - Liberec
+420 724 700 852 - Hradec Králové
Contact the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library:
+420 724 831 985
Practical Information for Students at a Time of Emergency Measures
ENTERING THE MUP BUILDINGS
A student may enter the MUP Strašnice building in Prague according to the Rector’s Directive No. 26/2020 only if upon meeting the following conditions:
- the student is free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
- the student disinfects his hands at the entrance to the building / library / examination room,
- at a given time, no quarantine measure is imposed on the student,
- the students provides a written affidavit about the absence of the symptoms of a viral infectious disease in the last two weeks (the form is available at the reception),
- the student complies with the measures provided for by the Directive No. 3/2020, in particular, the mutual distance of 1.5 m from other students and members of MUP faculty, and 2 m from MUP administrative employees; the number of persons in one room must not exceed 15.
- The schedule of the 2020/2021 academic year has been changed and the start date of the instruction period has been shifted forward to 26 October 2020.
- As of 13 May 2020, students may attend in-person consultations with lecturers, supervisors or opponents of Final Dissertations, Doctoral Dissertations or Rigorosum Theses, however, only under the following conditions:
a) The in-person consultations may take place only in the MUP Strašnice building at Dubečská 900/10, Prague - Strašnice, only on Monday and Wednesday, always from 9:00 to 15:00.
b) The in-person consultation may take place only following a prior electronic agreement between the student and the lecturer. The lecturer shall decide whether an in-person consultation is necessary.
c) The in-person consultation may take place in presence of a maximum of 15 persons in one room, and the obligation keep a minimum mutual distance of 1.5 meters.
d) The receptionist in MUP Strašnice building at Dubečská 900/10, Prague 10 Strašnice shall decide on the allocation of a specific room for consultation.Please always consider whether it is really necessary to carry out any in-person consultation, we still prefer online consultations.
- The examination period of the summer semester will take place in the period from 25 May to 26 June 2020, all assessments will be carried out by way of the distance online form. Assessments may be exceptionally in the justified cases carried out in the MUP building, however, only if the conditions laid down in Art. I Item 3 Letter a) to c) and Art. IV of the Rector’s Directive No. 26/2020 are met and following an approval from the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs (including the time and place), no later than 10 days in advance.
- In the period from from 1 September to 30 September 2020, each student shall have two retake examination attempts for each incomplete assessment of the winter and summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year; the fee for the retake examination shall be waived. This rule shall also apply by analogy to the retake examinations held in the regular examination period of the summer semester in accordance with the Art. 9, Item 8 of MUP Study and Examination Code.
FINAL DISSERTATION AND FSE
- The deadline for submission of electronic versions of Final Dissertations for the summer date of the defence within the FSE is extended until 29 May 2020. The supervisors and opponents of Final Dissertations shall draft up and upload the evaluations of these Final Dissertations in the SIS by 12 June 2020 at the latest. The student shall submit a hard copy of the Final Dissertation only at the defence.
- The summer date of the FSE will be held in the standard form in the MUP building from 15 June to 3 July 2020, on condition that there is a maximum of 5 persons present in one room. Students who for example due to their stay abroad cannot take the FSE in person, may on request be allowed to take the FSE / defence by way of the distance form; the student must send the application for this form of assessment from his or her student email to email@example.com or to the data box no later than by 5 June 2020. In such case, the student shall submit only the electronic version of the Final Dissertation.
- The Autumn FSE term will take place from 2 September to 25 September 2020. Students who wish to register for the Autumn FSE term must submit the Final Dissertation by 31 July 2020. Supervisors and opponents of Final Dissertation shall draft up and upload into the SIS the evaluation of these Final Dissertations no later than by 16 August 2020. The student will submit a hard copy of the Final Dissertation at the defence.
- The Retake FSE term will take place from 5 October to 16 October 2020 and will be intended primarily for all students who fail in the Summer and Autumn FSE term. Students who wish to register for the Retake FSE term as their first attempt must submit the Final Dissertation by 21 September 2020. Supervisors and opponents of Final Dissertation shall draft up and upload into the SIS the evaluation of these Final Dissertations no later than by 30 September 2020. The student will submit a hard copy of the Final Dissertation at the defence.
- The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech are cancelled. Applicants are accepted in the order in which they submitted the application to study until the capacity of the individual study programmes is full.
- Entrance examinations for all study programmes conducted in English are held electronically. Interviews and oral parts of examinations are cancelled. The entrance examinations are held continuously electronically in the period from 20 April 2020 to 26 October 2020.
- The entrance examinations for applicants applying for a scholarship within the framework of the School without Barriers programme are held on 17.9.2020.
- The deadline for submission of applications for the Doctoral Degree study programmes is extended until 31.7.2020. The entrance examination for all Doctoral Degree study programmes is held on 18 September 2020. For applications submitted by 22 May 2020, there is another entrance examination date scheduled to take place on 12 June 2020.
- The deadline for submission of applications for the Rigorosum Proceedings is extended until 30 April 2020. Other stipulated deadlines are by 31 July 2020 and by 30 September 2020.
TUITION FEES AND FEES
- The due date of the tuition fees for the next academic year has been extended from 30 June 2020 to 19 October 2020.
- The fees for retake examinations in September 2020 are cancelled. In addition, each student has two instead of one retake examination attempts for each incomplete assessment of the winter and summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
- The tuition fees for the 2020/2021 academic year may be paid with deferral. This applies both to the current students and to the newly concluded Study Contracts (e.g. for students of the 1st year of a Master’s Degree study programme who will continue after completing their Bachelor’s Degree study programme).
Conditions for the deferred due date:
a) The first instalment of the tuition fees to be paid by 19 October 2020 or on the day of conclusion of a Study Contract is newly reduced to 25% of the tuition fees.
b) During the academic year, i.e. until 30 September 2021, the student shall pay another 50% of the tuition fees, in one payment or in instalments, based on his or her choice.
c) The remaining 25% of the tuition shall be paid by 31 March 2022.
d) Students may apply for the deferred due date by way of sending an email from their student email to the Student Services Office.
e) However, the whole amount of the tuition fees must be paid before the date of the FSE term for which the student wishes to register.
The option to pay the whole tuition fees in a lump-sum payment in the amount of CZK 57,000 for the full-time form of study and CZK 52,000 for the part-time form of study per year continues to apply.
In the case of payment in instalments, an increased amount of the tuition fees in the amount of CZK 60,000 for the full-time form and CZK 54,000 for the part-time form shall be applied. In this case, the student may in a standard way pay the tuition fees in two instalments (by 19 October 2020 and by 10 January 2021) or apply for a deferral according to the above-mentioned plan.
At the request, we also allow other instalment plans and due dates.
Student Services Offices
- Please contact the Student Services Office in Prague Strašnice mainly by email or phone.
- The operation of the landline +420 274 815 044 is limited, you may use the following phone number instead: +420 725 044 123 or +420 725 101 558. The landlines at the university centres are not in operation, please contact us at +420 725 044 123.
- Request the Confirmation of Study via your student emails. The Confirmation of Study will be issued and sent to you electronically.
- Send all applications electronically, via SIS or, if it is not possible to submit them via SIS, send them via your student email. An application sent from a student email is equivalent to an original of any paper-based application or submission.
- In case of the citizens of the EU who in order to enter the territory of the Czech Republic need a confirmation of held examinations, please contact the International Student Services sufficiently in advance.
We are ready to deal on individual basis with your other study-related needs as far as possible given the current situation. Please feel free to contact the Student Services Office.
The Jiří Hájek Specialised Library
The Jiří Hájek Specialised Library in the MUP building (Dubečská 900/10, Prague 10 Strašnice) will be from 8 June 2020 open from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 11:30, and from 12:30 to 17:00, and on Friday from 9:00 to 11:30, and from 12:30 to 15:00, only for the purpose of pick-up and return of study literature; only one person at a time can enter the library.
From 15 June 2020 to 3 July 2020, the library will be open from Monday to Thursday, from 9:00 to 11:30, and from 12:30 to 17:00, and on Friday from 9:00 to 11:30, and from 12:30 to 15:00. The study room will also be open. There may be a maximum of 15 persons including the library staff in library and the mutual distance between persons must be at least 2 m.
From 7 July 2020, the library will be open from Monday to Thursday, from 9:00 to 17:00, and on Friday from 9:00 to 15:00. The study room will also be open. There may be a maximum of 15 persons including the library staff in library and the mutual distance between persons must be at least 2 m.
The loan period is automatically extended and the late fees are not charges until 7 days from the date when the library is in full operation, the late fees are thus charged from 15 July 2020.
For consultations, you may still contact the library staff by phone and email, please use primarily the electronic resources which have been made available.
You may contact the library staff from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 17:30 by phone at +420 724 831 985 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the option of using the electronic resources, please check the website of the library or contact the staff using the above-mentioned contact details.
The list of the temporarily available electronic resources (free of charge or at preferential terms) is published on the website of the library.
The International Office is closed throughout the period. Please contact them by email or phone at the contact details. The operation of the landlines is limited, please use the mobile phone numbers listed there instead. Under measures taken by the Government, it is currently not possible to commence any study stay abroad. The International Office will keep the students who are currently abroad informed on the measures adopted within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme and other exchange stays.
Due to the current situation and impossibility of responsible long-term planning of mass activities, we have decided that the Graduation Ceremonies in September and October 2020 will not be held. The Graduation Ceremonies of Metropolitan University Prague are a traditional ceremony and since they are held in the form a celebration of the completion of study and dignified public mass ceremony, they are not compatible with the existing restrictions. Also taking into account the fact that their planning and preparation are long-term, we have already now decided to exceptionally cancel them this year. Students may collect diplomas individually at the Student Services office. At the same time, we offer to all students that they can attend the Graduation Ceremony next year, even if they decide to collect their Diploma individually this year.
Sports courses of the MUP Sport Club are currently held only outside the MUP building,; from 15 June 2020 also in the garden of the MUP building. You may contact the MUP Sports Club electronically.
Information for foreign students
Applications must be delivered to the relevant offices of the Ministry of the Interior by post, including all requirements and the administrative fee for acceptance of application (in the form of a revenue stamp). The information is available here.
In case of students who in order to enter the territory of the Czech Republic need a confirmation of held examinations, please contact the International Student Services sufficiently in advance. The up-to-date information from the Ministry of the Interior is available here.
For information regarding the state of emergency, please contact email@example.com.
The most up-to-date information about the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.