Up-to-date information on measures at MUP
Contact Details of the Student Services Office:
+420 725 578 967 - International Student Services
+420 602 655 323 - Pilsen
+420 725 036 013 - Liberec
+420 724 700 852 - Hradec Králové
Contact the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library:
+420 724 831 985
Practical Information for Students at a Time of Emergency Measures
ENTERING THE MUP BUILDINGS
A student may enter the MUP building only upon meeting the following conditions:
- the student is free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
- at a given time, no quarantine measure is imposed on the student.
We would like to inform students about the effective Extraordinary Measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic which regulates the obligation to cover mouth and nose.
INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION PERIOD
- Instruction for the part-time and full-time form of study will be in the summer semester completed fully online. The study groups of the university centres in Pilsen, Liberec and Hradec Králové will remain together with the groups in Prague.
- General rules of the hybrid and online instruction are contained in the Rector’s Directive No. 4/2021 on Organisation and Rules for Hybrid and Online Instruction and Examination at Metropolitan University Prague. The manuals are also available in the SIS.
- The examination period (including the already ongoing early examination dates for the part-time form of study) will take place completely online.
- Retake examinations will be held online standardly from 1 to 30 September 2021.
- Consultations with lecturers are still held only online, all lecturers work only from home.
- Any comments regarding the hybrid and online instruction may be sent to a special email address email@example.com.
FSE, FSRE, DISSERTATION DEFENCES
- The Final State Examinations (FSE) will be held in the period from 1 June 2021 to 1 July 2021 in-class by physical attendance or online (online form is subject to an application sent from student email to the International Student Services no later than by 15 May 2021 for the FSE held in June, and no later than by 15 August 2021 for the FSE held in September). All students registered for the FSE will be informed via email about the form and conditions of the in-class FSE approx. 2 weeks before the examination date (especially as regards possible testing, depending on the currently applicable government restrictions).
- Students who will have the FSE and defence by distance online form will submit only the electronic version of the Final Dissertation in the SIS. In case of the defence and FSE held in-class by physical attendance, the students shall submit the electronic version of the MUP Final Dissertation in the SIS and shall bring a printed double-sided version of the MUP Final Dissertation in a folder (this year the MUP Final Dissertation does not have to be bound, neither hardbound nor spiral binding) which will be returned to the student after the defence. The text of the printed version of the MUP Final Dissertation must be identical to the content to the text of the electronically submitted MUP Final Dissertation.
- The Final State Rigorosum Examinations and defences of dissertations will be held online in the period 1 June 2021 to 1 July 2021.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
- The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech are exceptionally cancelled. Applicants are accepted in the order in which they submitted the application to study until the capacity of the individual study programmes is full.
- The entrance examinations for all study programmes conducted English are exceptionally held electronically. Interviews and oral parts of examinations are cancelled.
- Entrance examinations for Doctoral study programme will be held online.
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE AND COMMUNICATION WITH MUP
- Students are advised to manage all communications preferably by email or phone, the necessary documents can be sent via data box or by post.
- Please contact the International Student Services mainly by email or phone.
- The landline +420 274 815 044 is in operation, as well as the number +420 725 578 967. Landlines in the university centres are not in operation, please contact the Study Department at mobile phone numbers (see the links above).
- Request the Confirmation of Study via your student emails. The Confirmation of Study will be issued and sent to you electronically.
- Submit all applications electronically, via SIS or, if it is not possible to submit it via SIS, send it via your student email or data box. An application sent from a student email is equivalent to an original of any paper-based application or submission.
We are ready to deal individually with your other study-related needs as far as possible given the current situation. Please feel free to contact the International Student Services.
The Jiří Hájek Specialised Library
The Jiří Hajek Specialised Library in Strašnice is open from 10 May 2021 to 31 May 2021 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. On Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 to 17:00, and on Tuesday and Friday from 09:00 to 15:00. From 1 June 2021 to 1 July 2021, the library will be open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00. On Friday, 2 July 2021, from 9:00 to 15:00. A maximum of 9 people can be present in the library and it is necessary to keep a distance of at least 2 m. For consultations you can contact us via email or phone at firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 724 831 985. Loan periods are automatically extended and late fees will not be charged until 31 May 2021.
For the option of using the electronic resources, please check the website of the library or contact the staff using the above-mentioned contact details.
The list of the temporarily available electronic resources (free of charge or at preferential terms) is published on the website of the library.
TUITION FEES AND FEES
The due date for the payment of the tuition fees for the next academic year has been extended from 30 June to 30 September 2021.
THE DAYS OF OPEN DOORS
The Day of Open Doors on 12 May 2021 from 5:00pm will be held online through the video chat in the MS Teams. For those who interested in studying we have prepared the online Day of Open Doors at dod.mup.cz. For the time being, other Open Doors dates remain in force. The current changes will always be published on the MUP website.
The International Office is available at the landline; you can also contact that at the following phone numbers.
- Until the end of the winter semester of the 2021/2022 academic year (26 February 2022), the following is temporarily suspended:
a) exchange study stays of incoming students that are not within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme,
b) exchange study stays for incoming students within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, with exception of the study stays where the instruction is conducted only online,
c) exchange stays and mobilities of the members of MUP faculty and administrative staff for all incoming persons, including all visiting lecturers and any other working visits, with exception of the mobilities of the members of MUP faculty within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme conducted only following a prior approval from the MUP Rector.
- Departure of MUP students to partner institutions within the framework of exchange study stays and traineeships under the Erasmus+ programme is permitted, however, only if the following conditions are met:
a) the student must be unconditionally accepted by the partner institution,
b) students may depart within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme with a grant only to a country where it is possible to draw on the grant on the grounds of the decision of the grant provider (DZS) on the day of signing of the contract and on the day before the departure and on the day of departure to that country. The risk associated with a change in the category of a given country, consisting particularly in the non-provision or reimbursement of the grant is borne by the student,
c) students may depart only to the country of which the national rules allow to accept the student,
d) the student acknowledges that the risk associated with the change (a sudden as well) of the government rules in the Czech Republic and also in the country of stay may be significant and the student undertakes it voluntarily. All costs incurred by a change of any rules by the public authorities of the Czech Republic and of the country of stay or by the Erasmus+ grant provider (DZS), including health risks, shall be borne by the student. MUP will try to develop an activity to minimise the negative consequences for the students and minimise any incidental costs or risk of not providing, reducing or revoking of the grant - in this matter, the student shall provide MUP with the necessary cooperation. However, if these costs cannot be averted, they shall be borne by the student,
e) the student acknowledges that the changes in the situation may cause a cancellation of his travel, non-provision of the grant, reduction or revocation thereof.
f) upon signature of the contract on carrying out of a particular study stay or traineeship within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, or before commencing the study stay or traineeship outside the Erasmus+ programme, the student shall sign a declaration by which the students undertakes to respect the provisions stated in this paragraph, otherwise MUP may refuse a conclusion of such a contract,or more precisely realisation of a study stay or traineeship.
Information for INTERNATIONAL students
We would like to inform all students from third countries (i.e. countries outside of the European Union) that the Czech Ministry of Health issued a very restrictive exceptional measure, which establishes drastic conditions for entering the Czech Republic, see here.
MUP does not issue the confirmation required by the measure above and during its period of validity visa applicants are thus not be able to obtain visa.
We would like to assure those of you who are not able to come back to the Czech Republic for instruction, that we provide fully adequate education in the online form until you will be able to arrive and participate in the standard in-class instruction.
The up-to-date information from the Ministry of the Interior is available here.
The contact details of the offices of the Ministry of the Interior.
For information regarding the state of emergency, please contact email@example.com.
The most up-to-date information about the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.