Up-to-date information on measures at MUP
Contact Details of the Student Services Office:
+420 725 578 967 - International Student Services
Contact the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library:
+420 724 831 985
Practical Information for Students at a Time of Emergency Measures
ENTERING THE MUP BUILDINGS
A student may enter the MUP building only upon meeting the following conditions:
- the student is free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
- at a given time, no quarantine measure is imposed on the student.
We would like to inform students about the effective Extraordinary Measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic which regulates the obligation to cover mouth and nose.
INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION PERIOD
- General rules of the hybrid and online instruction are contained in the Rector’s Directive No. 4/2021 on Organisation and Rules for Hybrid and Online Instruction and Examination at Metropolitan University Prague. The manuals are also available in the SIS.
- Retake examinations are held online standardly from 1 to 30 September 2021.
- The instruction at MUP will start on Monday, 18 October 2021. At this moment, we plan to begin with the hybrid instruction, which means that the instruction will take place in-class in the MUP buildings and it will be at the same time streamed via the MS Teams and recorded.
- The protective measures of the Ministry of Health currently in force do not provide for any restrictive conditions for participation in in-class instruction at a university.
- On 30 September 2021, all courses from the 2020/2021 academic year will be automatically deleted from your MS Teams user accounts, and new courses will be automatically added during the first two weeks of October.
- On 29 October 2021, there will be the Rector's Day: On this day, there is no instruction and the MUP buildings are closed.
- Should the rules laid down by the public authorities change before the beginning of the instruction period, we will inform the students of the changes by email.
- Any comments regarding the hybrid and online instruction may be sent to a special email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
FSE, FSRE, DISSERTATION DEFENCES
The Final State Examinations (FSE) take place from 2 to 17 September 2021, in-class and online.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
- The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech are exceptionally cancelled. Applicants are accepted in the order in which they submitted the application to study until the capacity of the individual study programmes is full.
- The entrance examinations for all study programmes conducted English are exceptionally held electronically. Interviews and oral parts of examinations are cancelled.
- Entrance examinations for Doctoral study programme will be held online.
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE AND COMMUNICATION WITH MUP
- Students can also communicate with MUP by email or phone, the necessary documents can be sent via data box or by post.
- You can also request the Confirmation of Study via your student emails. The Confirmation of Study will be issued and sent to you electronically.
- All applications can be submitted electronically, via SIS or, if it is not possible to submit it via SIS, send it via your student email or data box. An application sent from a student email is equivalent to an original of any paper-based application or submission. We are ready to deal individually with your other study-related needs as far as possible given the current situation. Please feel free to contact the International Student Services.
- Request the Confirmation of Study via your student emails. The Confirmation of Study will be issued and sent to you electronically.
- Submit all applications electronically, via SIS or, if it is not possible to submit it via SIS, send it via your student email or data box. An application sent from a student email is equivalent to an original of any paper-based application or submission. We are ready to deal individually with your other study-related needs as far as possible given the current situation. Please feel free to contact the International Student Services.
- The operation of the Study Services Office is as follows:
Operation in September and October before the beginning of instruction (1 September - 17 October):
Mon - Fri: 9:00 – 17:00
closed until 17 October 2021
The office hours of the Student Services Offices in Prague Strašnice and Prague Jarov from 18 October 2021 will be specified.
The Jiří Hájek Specialised Library
- From 1 September to 17 October 2021, the library is open Mon - Fri: 9:00 – 17:00.
- Operation from 18 October 2021 will be specified on the basis of the applicable government restrictions approx. two weeks before.
For consultations you can contact us via email or phone at email@example.com, +420 724 831 985.
For the option of using the electronic resources, please check the website of the library or contact the staff using the above-mentioned contact details.
The list of the temporarily available electronic resources (free of charge or at preferential terms) is published on the website of the library.
TUITION FEES AND FEES
The due date for the payment of the tuition fees for the next academic year has been extended from 30 June to 30 September 2021.
The Day of Open Doors on 9 June 2021 from 5:00pm will be held online through the video chat in the MS Teams. For those who interested in studying we have prepared the online Day of Open Doors at dod.mup.cz. For the time being, other Open Doors dates remain in force. The current changes will always be published on the MUP website.
We plan to hold the Graduation Ceremony in September and October 2021 in the standard form, with some restrictions with regard to the currently applicable measures of the public authorities (limitation of the capacity of individual ceremonies, regulation of the number of guests, entry conditions etc.). All graduates will receive a separate email with detailed instructions regarding the Graduation Ceremonies.
The graduates who were unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony in autumn 2020 and are interested in attending it in 2021 can contact the International Study Services Office by email or phone to “register” for the Graduation Ceremony.
However, please note that the measures that are currently being prepared may change depending on the current situation.
You can contact the International Office also by phone or email. You can contact them at the following phone numbers.
- Until the end of the winter semester of the 2021/2022 academic year (26 February 2022), the following is temporarily suspended:
a) exchange study stays of incoming students that are not within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme,
b) exchange study stays for incoming students within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, with exception of the study stays where the instruction is conducted only online,
c) exchange stays and mobilities of the members of MUP faculty and administrative staff for all incoming persons, including all visiting lecturers and any other working visits, with exception of the mobilities of the members of MUP faculty within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme conducted only following a prior approval from the MUP Rector.
- Departure of MUP students to partner institutions within the framework of exchange study stays and traineeships under the Erasmus+ programme is permitted, however, only if the following conditions are met:
a) the student must be unconditionally accepted by the partner institution,
b) students may depart within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme with a grant only to a country where it is possible to draw on the grant on the grounds of the decision of the grant provider (DZS) on the day of signing of the contract and on the day before the departure and on the day of departure to that country. The risk associated with a change in the category of a given country, consisting particularly in the non-provision or reimbursement of the grant is borne by the student,
c) students may depart only to the country of which the national rules allow to accept the student,
d) the student acknowledges that the risk associated with the change (a sudden as well) of the government rules in the Czech Republic and also in the country of stay may be significant and the student undertakes it voluntarily. All costs incurred by a change of any rules by the public authorities of the Czech Republic and of the country of stay or by the Erasmus+ grant provider (DZS), including health risks, shall be borne by the student. MUP will try to develop an activity to minimise the negative consequences for the students and minimise any incidental costs or risk of not providing, reducing or revoking of the grant - in this matter, the student shall provide MUP with the necessary cooperation. However, if these costs cannot be averted, they shall be borne by the student,
e) the student acknowledges that the changes in the situation may cause a cancellation of his travel, non-provision of the grant, reduction or revocation thereof.
f) upon signature of the contract on carrying out of a particular study stay or traineeship within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, or before commencing the study stay or traineeship outside the Erasmus+ programme, the student shall sign a declaration by which the students undertakes to respect the provisions stated in this paragraph, otherwise MUP may refuse a conclusion of such a contract,or more precisely realisation of a study stay or traineeship.
Information for INTERNATIONAL students
We would like to inform all students from third countries (i.e. countries outside of the European Union) that the Czech Ministry of Health issued a very restrictive exceptional measure, which establishes drastic conditions for entering the Czech Republic, see here.
MUP does not issue the confirmation required by the measure above and during its period of validity visa applicants are thus not be able to obtain visa.
We would like to assure those of you who are not able to come back to the Czech Republic for instruction, that we provide fully adequate education in the online form until you will be able to arrive and participate in the standard in-class instruction.
The up-to-date information from the Ministry of the Interior is available here.
The contact details of the offices of the Ministry of the Interior.
For information regarding the state of emergency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most up-to-date information about the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.