Lifelong Learning Programmes
Metropolitan University Prague offers lifelong learning programmes (LLP) within the scope of all accredited university study programmes.
The conditions for the implementation of the lifelong learning programmes at MUP are governed by the MUP Lifelong Learning Code, registered with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. The rights and obligations of the LLP participants are also established by the Lifelong Learning Programme Study Contract. The LLP programmes are intended primarily for those applicants who cannot enrol in a regular university Bachelor’s or Master’s programmes because they upon admission to study do not meet the condition of nostrification of the secondary school-leaving certificate or Bachelor’s Diploma from foreign educational institutions. After meeting this condition, the LLP participants may apply for recognition of the completed assessments and, in accordance withe the rules set out in the Higher Education Act, apply for admission into the regular university studies at MUP.
The standard length of study of the lifelong learning programmes is one academic year. The LLP programmes refer to forms of education that supplement, improve, renew, or broaden knowledge, skills, and qualification of participants. The LLP programmes may be implemented in the Czech language or in English language as full-time, part time, or combined forms of instruction; particularly as:
- education within the scope of accredited study programmes,
- qualifying education,
- supplementing education,
- re-qualifying education,
- foreign language education.
LLP participants are the applicants who successfully completed the entrance examination in compliance with the requirements of the admission proceedings stipulated for the relevant accredited study programme, or relevant language programme. LLP participant is not an MUP student within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions.
COURSE OF STUDY OF THE LLP
- participants shall be required to complete individual courses in compliance with the description of the accredited study programmes, including all assigned forms of evaluation and stipulated form of completion of study
- participants shall gain credits for each completed course; the amount and overall distribution of credits shall be stipulated by the study plan of the programme
The specific instruction in the LLP is organized in accordance with the relevant MUP academic year schedule, published in form of an MUP Rector’s Directive on the MUP website.
TERMINATION OF STUDY
- successful graduates shall receive a Confirmation of Programme Completion issued by MUP
- the date of the termination of the participation in the LLP shall be defined as the day of successful completion of the last requirement stipulated for the issuance of the Confirmation of Programme Completion.
- the recognition of LLP study requirements within the framework of study in Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree study programmes is governed by MUP internal rules and regulations, particularly byMUP Study and Examination Code, registered with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, and by the Rector’s Directive No. 1/2020 - MUP Conditions for Recognition of Study Requirements
- in case of completed LLP programmes, students may get up to 60% of credits necessary for completion of a regular study programme recognised from the LLP which he completed before
- the conditions for the implementation of the LLP at MUP are set annually by a Rector’s Directive, published on the MUP Official Board
FORMS OF EARLY TERMINATION OF THE LLP
- withdrawal from the LLP by the participant
- failure to comply with the requirements arising from the requirements stipulated for the LLP in the relevant regulations
- expulsion from the LLP whenever stipulated in the Lifelong Learning Programme Study Contract
TUITION FEES, FEES FOR SERVICES, AND CONTRACT
- in order to be able to participate in the LLP, applicants shall conclude the MUP Lifelong Learning Programme Study Contract prior to the commencement of the programme
- tuition fees for LLP and other fees for services are stipulated in the List of MUP Fees
VERIFICATION OF LLP PARTICIPANTS’ KNOWLEDGE
In the LLP programmes implemented within the scope of accredited Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes, the conditions for verification of knowledge and forms of assessments of LLP participants are identical to the conditions stipulated for assessments of students of regular study programmes. These conditions are defined in detail in the syllabi of individual study courses, which are made available to all students and LLP participants in the electronic Student Information System (SIS).
RULES AND CONDITIONS FOR THE RECOGNITION OF CREDITS OBTAINED IN THE LLP PROGRAMMES BY STUDENTS OF ACCREDITED STUDY PROGRAMMES PURSUANT TO SECTION 60 (2) OF THE HIGHER EDUCATION ACT
The rules and conditions for the recognition of the credits obtained in the LLP programmes by students of the accredited study programmes are stipulated in Art. 13 (1) and (2) of the MUP Study and Examination Code. Study requirements successfully completed by a student within the LLP programmes may be recognised by the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs at the student's request and following a recommendation of the head of the relevant department. In case of completed LLP programmes, students may get up to 60% of credits necessary for completion of a regular study programme recognised from the LLP which he completed before. The conditions for the recognition of the study requirements from previous studies are stipulated by the Rector’s Directive. An application for recognition of study requirements, including attachments (a list of completed requirements including their assessment, syllabi of completed courses, or a grading scale if different from the grading scale used at MUP) shall be submitted by the student on the prescribed form to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs through the Student Services Office no later than 30 days after the start of instruction of the semester in which the relevant assessment is to be completed.