Departments of Asian Studies and International Relations and European Studies of the Metropolitan University Prague
The first year of best essay, video or presentation competition for 3rd and 4th year high school students
On the topic of:
“Should we promote human rights into non-Western regions?”
- What do we mean by “human rights”?
- What are the differences between “Western“ and “non-Western” human rights?
- Do we have the leverage to change human right situation in non-Western regions?
- Is it meaningful to promote human rights through military and/or political power?
- How should we, as Europe/EU, approach human rights abuses in countries such as China, Myanmar, Russia, Iran?
- Are revolutions against human rights suppression usually successful? If yes then under what conditions? Should we support them?
- Is it correct to organize large events in countries suppressing human rights – for instance was it correct to organize the football World Cup in Qatar?
Send us your essays (minimum of 5 pages), videos (cca 2 min) or narrated presentations (cca 10 min) to our email firstname.lastname@example.org until April 16th, 2023
In May, we will invite the best authors to a conference at MUP, where you will get the chance to present your work
Three best authors will receive MUP Rector’s Award and vouchers worth 1500, 1000 and 500 CZK. Conference participants will also receive small gifts.
On behalf of both of the departments, we are looking forward to receiving your submissions!