Information for foreign students
We would like to inform all students from third countries (i.e. countries outside of the European Union) that the Czech Ministry of Health issued a very restrictive exceptional measure, which establishes drastic conditions for entering the Czech Republic, see here.
MUP does not issue the confirmation required by the measure above and during its period of validity visa applicants are thus not be able to obtain visa.
We would like to assure those of you who are not able to come back to the Czech Republic for instruction, that we provide fully adequate education in the online form until you will be able to arrive and participate in the standard in-class instruction.
We will continue to post all current information on our specialised web page.
Long-term visa for the purpose of “studies”/“other“
The application is submitted at the Czech Embassy.
Documents to be submitted in the Czech language (foreign documents require an official translation):
• Decision of Admission to an educational institution
• Confirmation of accommodation in the Czech Republic (details)
• Confirmation of sufficient financial resources for living in the Czech Republic (details)
• Confirmation of medical insurance in the Czech Republic
• Statement of criminal records from your home country
• Medical report from your home country (upon request of the Czech Embassy)
Decision is issued:
- in approximately 60 days in case of visas for the purpose of “studies”
- in approximately 90-120 days, or even later due to certain circumstances in case of visas for the purpose of “other”
Please consult the Czech Embassy in your home country before you start the application process.