Department of International Relations and European Studies (CZ)
- prof. Mgr. Oldřich Bureš, Ph.D., M.A.
- Head of Department
- doc. PaedDr. Milan Vošta, Ph.D.
- Deputy Head of Department
- PhDr. Helena Bauerová, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Hana Hlaváčková, Ph.D.
- doc. PhDr., PaedDr. Hana Horáková, Ph.D.
- Ing. Jan Hřích, CSc.
- prof. Mgr. Ing. Petr Kratochvíl, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Irah Kučerová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Radana Makariusová, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Jan Prouza, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Michael Romancov, Ph.D.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Lukáš Tichý, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Traian Urban, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Michal Vít, Ph.D.
- doc. PhDr. Šárka Waisová-Cabadová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Antonín Blažek
- Mgr. Richard Grünwald
- Ing. Soňa Gullová, Ph.D.
- Ing. Eva Hamplová, Ph.D.
- Radko Hokovský, Ph.D.
- prof. Ing. Jaroslav Jakš, DrSc.
- JUDr. Věra Jeřábková, CSc.
- Ing. Aleš Kocourek, Ph.D.
- Ing. Jaroslav Kovárník, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Oldřich Krulík, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Stanislav Myšička, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Michaela Prouzová
- Ing. Josef Sládek
- RNDr. Pavel Štalmach, MBA
- PhDr. Ondřej Tikovský, Ph.D.
The Department of International Relations and European Studies (MVES) aims to create a unique academic environment that is friendly and inspirational for both students and teachers. IRES practices what it preaches and takes pride in its diversity as, quite literally, people from all over the whole world gather in Prague - the heart of Europe - to contribute to our classroom environment. We emphasise a breadth and depth of education and an individual approach to our students. The doors of the department are always open and we draw on the best of both Anglo-American and Czech traditions of university education, combining them into a challenging programme, unique in Central Europe.
In the Bachelor’s Degree programme, students receive a well-founded education; IRES sets learners on the path to independent research in a professional and encouraging environment. The Master’s Degree programme explores advanced topics in international relations and European studies while also devoting time to mastering research skills, essay and report writing, public speaking and communication in advanced English. The Ph.D. programme offers a comprehensive theoretical, methodological, and empirical treatment of the relevant issues in order to ensure that the accomplishments of its graduates reach a level comparable to leading universities around the world.