Department of Political Science and Anglophone Studies
- PhDr. Petr Just, Ph.D.
- Head of Department
- PhDr. Jan Bureš, Ph.D.
- Deputy Head of Department
- prof. RNDr. Ivo Budil, Ph.D., DSc.
- doc. PhDr. Ladislav Cabada, Ph.D.
- Sini Eikonsalo, M.A.
- PhDr. Pavel Hlaváček, Ph.D.
- prof. PhDr. Bořivoj Hnízdo, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Jakub Charvát, Ph.D.
- Wesley Ross Johnson, B.A., DELTA
- prof. PhDr. Michal Klíma, M.A., CSc.
- Mgr. Klára Kolinská, M.A., Ph.D.
- Mgr. Lenka Kristenová
- doc. PhDr. Renata Pípalová, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. Martin Procházka, CSc.
- Mgr. Leona Rohrauer, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Jakub Ženíšek, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Anděla Bednářová
- Mgr. Olga Brunnerová
- Mgr. Vladimíra Hamalová
- PhDr. Lucie Kudová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Jan Květina, Ph.D.
- doc. PhDr. Jan Lašek, CSc.
- Mgr. Miroslava Škaloudová
- PhDr. Dana Švingalová, Ph.D.
- Ing. Petr Vymětal, Ph.D.
In the framework of the Humanities and Political Science study programmes, the Department offers to its students a comprehensive social science education related to the area of the Central Europe, including the special focus on the issues of the political systems and politics of the countries of the Central Europe, and detailed study of the contemporary Czech politics.
The study plan of the interdisciplinary programme of Anglophone Studies is focused on the study of the political, cultural and social contexts of individual states of the Anglophone world and their position and role in the current international area. Instruction and assessments are conducted in English language. Graduates will gain advanced oral and written proficiency.
Within the framework of scientific and research activities, the Department primarily focuses on the fields of historical and political research, especially in the context of the countries of the Central Europe and selected countries of the Anglophone world (in particular USA and UK). For this purpose, among other things, serves the the peer-reviewed “Politics in Central Europe” journal published in English, which is also the official journal of the Central European Political Science Association, where Czech and foreign experts and talented students of the Department can submit contributions in form of the original results of their research.